Forest Services shuts down U.S. 12 to megaloads for good . . . again
Closure order published Sept. 18 for section through the Lochsa-Clearwater Wild and Scenic River corridor-
There was a similar headline about a month ago. Then Omega-Morgan transport, aided by a permit from Idaho Department of Transportation and law enforcement, bullied their way through the corridor. The Forest Service backed down in the face of this […]Continue Reading →
Federal Judge Winmill issues temporary block to further megaloads on U.S.12
Federal judge blocks megaloads from Clearwater-Lochsa Wild and Scenic corridor
BOISE — A federal judge this morning temporarily blocked additional megaload shipments through the Clearwater National Forest, America’s first Wild and Scenic River corridor and the homeland of the Nez Perce people.
Federal Judge B. Lynn Winmill’s injunction was issued as part of a lawsuit […]Continue Reading →
Idaho state government helps ram megaloads up U.S. Highway 12
Tribal leaders shoved aside by police leading the megaloads upriver-
It was thought the megaloads issue on U.S Highway 12 across north central Idaho was finally settled by Federal Judge Lynn Winmill. Early this year he wrote a decision that the U.S. […]Continue Reading →
Orofino, Idaho. The Clearwater National Forest has denied the use of U.S. Highway 12 along the famed Lochsa River for the transport of megaloads bound for what some call the “tar sands hell” of south central Alberta.
While the bulk of this battle was successfully fought […]Continue Reading →
Megaloads to go on new route through northern Idaho, Montana
Highway 12 application is not abandoned, but might be dead for practical purposes-
Imperial oil, which is the Canadian version of Exxon-Mobil, has underscored what may be their abandonment of their controversial efforts to truck gigantic loads (hence “megaload”) up the scenic, narrow Clearwater and Lochsa River canyons into Montana and from there a controversial […]Continue Reading →
Imperial Oil announces what amounts to abandonment of Highway 12 for megaloads!
Montana judge’s ruling saves Lochsa River and local Idaho and Montana residents-
Imperial Oil, Canadian spawn of ExxonMobil has announced they are going to try to break down the size of their tar sands-bound megaloads so that they won’t have to use narrow, winding, scenic U.S. Highway 12 through North Central Idaho and then […]Continue Reading →
Idaho issues permits for chopped down megaloads (and more, 6-19 & 20)
It turns out the size of these monster loads of oil equipment can be reduced-
We kept hearing that they had to come over Highway 12 and they were “X” big, . . . end of discussion. That wasn’t so. Permits have now been issued for smaller, giant loads. However, will this mean twice as […]Continue Reading →
Exxon Mobil is the world’s most profitable corporation-
A new video about their megaloads through Idaho and Montana to their vast toxic pits in Alberta-
Oil companies have colluded with the Idaho’s and Montana’s governors so they can make even more profits than if they built the machinery for the toxic Alberta tar […]Continue Reading →
Megaloads hearing to enter third week
Folks continue to have plenty to say-
Here is the story on the coming third week of testimony, from the Spokesman-Review.
It seems to me that local folks willing to testify are mostly unhappy. Here is a detailed story about past testimony in […]Continue Reading →
Fate of ExxonMobil megaloads at stake in Boise hearings
Four day hearing on the future of the tar sands equipment megaloads are underway in Idaho’s capital city-
Residents on Highway 12 and recreation businesses are rallying against the megaloads.
Fate of ExxonMobil megaloads at stake in Boise hearings. By John Miller. AP in the Missoulian.Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges